Family Medicine Jobs in Missouri
Thursday · June 20, 2019
1 Job in The Ozark State
Photo: Saint Louis Arch behind Busch Stadium.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Complete continuing education coursework required to maintain current licensure.
- Observe and comply with all infection control protocols and standards.
- Participate in Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement Programs to include participation in any Performance Improvement Activities as they relate to meeting performance measures.
- Apply an awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and strive to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Works cooperatively within office, Tribe and other agencies as needed.
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner, and appearance.
- Must be available to work the assigned schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00A-4:30P.
- Comply with the standards of the Joint Commission, applicable provisions of law and the rules and regulations of any and all government authorities pertaining to licensure and regulations of healthcare personnel.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Practice or Internal Medicine, and /or Pediatrics.
- Demonstrate appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care and clinic activities.
- The Pbpn Government has 300 employees and offers a wide range of services including: administration, finance, community, health, public and member services.
- Comply with performance measures, clinical guidelines and Jcaho standards.
- Supervise and provide general screening and medical care examinations of patients for routine, acute episodic and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems.
- Treat patients with common acute conditions, illnesses or minor trauma within accepted protocols.
- Annual PPD test.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license and be insurable with the Nation's insurance.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Possess a current unrestricted Kansas state license as a physician.
- And document instructions given to patient in medical record.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Number.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including physical examinations, immunizations, positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Comply with the CDC's "Universal Precautions" for the prevention and transmission of HIV and other communicable diseases.
- The Tribe has 5000 enrolled members with approximately half of the members living on or near the reservation.
- Pbpn is seeking applicants for a Family Practice Physician to work with their Kansas Tribal Government located just 15 minutes north of Topeka.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employer.
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons and documents events.
- Participate in Utilization Review efforts, if required.
- And diagnose, treat and counsel patients as indicated.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by pharmacy and therapeutic protocols.
- Provide training and direction to clinical support staff by adhering to Federal, State and any local policies.
- Essential Duties.
- Educate patients on proper dosage schedule, expected effects and undesirable side effects that should be reported.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Holton, KS.
- Ensure that all health care is adequately and accurately documented in each patient's chart.
- One to two years.
- Pbpn is a federally recognized Indian tribe located on a 121 square mile reservation in northeast Kansas.
- Must hold a current and valid Bcls certification.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine.
- Must possess the ability to operate general office equipment, including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone, computer and operating systems, computer software programs (Microsoft Office programs), fax/copier machine.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Oct 30.