Family Medicine Jobs in Missouri
Saturday · June 6, 2020
1 Job in The Ozark State
Photo: Saint Louis Arch behind Busch Stadium.
This family medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Omaha) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits ( pension ).
- Plus, Bellevue, Norfolk, Holdrege, O'Neil and North Platte, NE.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- The cost of living is extremely affordable and excellent school, housing, and spouse employment opportunities are available.
- NWI is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, a vibrant mid-western city that offers abundant cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- NWI also maintains a robust relationship with the 55th Medical Group base located at Offutt Air Force Base, exchanging services and training opportunities under Memorandums of Agreement which enhance healthcare delivery for both organizations.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System.
- We are a 1-b complexity healthcare system providing a wide range of medical and surgical specialty services.
- The ideal candidate has experience in managed care decision making, has demonstrated track record of administrative competence, works well in a collaborative, team-based environment, and has experience developing and growing managed care systems.
- Or, take a short drive to charming towns with antique shopping and picturesque bed and breakfasts for a perfect getaway weekend.
- The VA Nebraska Western Iowa Health Care System is seeking an outstanding Physician to serve as Medical Director of our Care in the Community (Citc) Service at the Veterans Affairs Nebraska Western-Iowa Health Care System (NWI) in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Omaha, NE.
- Although this position is primarily administrative, physicians interested in maintaining part-time clinical practice in the VA HCS are encouraged.
- NWI serves an estimated Veteran population of 161,000 in 101 counties in Nebraska, Western Iowa, Kansas and Missouri.
- Primary duties will include evidence-based medical necessity reviews of network consults, developing a Utilization Review program for services provided in our network, serving as medical safety and quality reviewer for network medical care, and acting as a liaison with more than 300 provider groups to answer questions and ensure excellent medical care is provided to our enrolled veterans.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- More than 750 Residents, Fellows, and medical students train annually at NWI.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Medical Director is a vital part of our Citc team, consisting of nursing and administrative staff overseeing every aspect of community-based referrals.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 5% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- This physician will provide medical oversight to our $50 million dollar Citc program, helping to establish an integrated VA - Community Care Network in our region.
- Thank you,.
- Additionally, NWI has affiliated training programs in dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, physician assistant, dietetics, and advanced nursing practice.
- Some outreach to regional medical providers, including travel, is an expected part of the medical director's duties.
- In addition to local affiliations, NWI provides training opportunities for students from over 25 schools and universities throughout the country.
- Per year with unlimited carry over!
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay.
- Drive in any direction from Omaha to find wide-open spaces with plenty of hiking, sight-seeing, hunting, fishing, boating and camping.
- How is the pension funded?
- Disability Retirement.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- Skilled nursing care and acute rehabilitation is provided in the Community Living Center located in at our Grand Island facility.
- NWI has affiliation agreements with The University of Nebraska Medical Center (Unmc) and Creighton University School of Medicine.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- The health care system is comprised of one tertiary academic medical center located in Omaha, NE, two large stand-alone multi-specialty outpatient clinics in Lincoln and Grand Island, NE, and five rural Community Based Outpatient Clinics (Cboc) located in Shenandoah, IA.
- With the amenities of a larger city and the convenience of a small town, the Omaha metro area is home to the annual College World Series, two world-class medical schools, several two and four-year colleges, the world class Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, Offutt Air Force Base, and the Omaha Storm Chasers baseball team.
- Richard Bottass.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Nov 10.