Family Medicine Jobs in Missouri
Wednesday · November 22, 2017
1 Job in The Ozark State
Photo: Saint Louis Arch behind Busch Stadium.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Topeka) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Board certification (preferred) or board eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- How is the pension funded?
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- The VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (Vaekhcs) is currently recruiting for a primary care physician at our Topeka VA Medical Center (1 hour from Kansas City).
- You will be responsible for providing primary care for a diverse group of veterans.
- Also, the selectee will provide patient care in accordance with professional standards, core values and commitment to service excellence.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- Sign on bonus: A recruitment or relocation incentive may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Acls) certification required and Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS/CPR) required.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Clinic patients per day/week: 10-14 per day.
- Student Loan Repayment: The selected applicant for this position may be eligible.
- Number of provider staff in the department: 1 Service Line Chief, 10 physicians including locum tenens physicians, 4 mid-level providers.
- Patient expectations: Manages panel of 1,050-1,200 diverse adult veteran patients with varied medical conditions.
- Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- You will contribute to the achievement of quality care standards, write orders for diagnostic testing, prescribe medications, take calls for inpatient coverage, consult with specialty services and utilize computerized/electronic medical records.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability).
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Topeka, KS.
- Disability Retirement.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Clinical duties include providing primary care medical services in outpatient clinics, providing inpatient/emergency care, providing inpatient/outpatient coverage, back up coverage for the emergency room, taking calls for inpatient coverage, and responsibilities may include supervision of a mid-level provider.
- 1 out of every 6-10 weekends.
- For calendar year 2014, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $17,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $23,000.
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation - unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- Fers-RAE basic benefits ( pension ).
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
- Office Hours: 8 - 4:30, M-F.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
This perm job opening was posted
6 weeks ago